Halloween Party Cut Short by Candle Fire in Pleasant Hill Home?
Who doesn’t love a good Halloween party? Our South Eugene and Florence team want everyone in Pleasant Hill to have a safe, fire-damage-free Halloween. The National Fire Protection Association reports that more than one-third of Halloween fires are from decorations that have caught fire from a candle. The big day will be here sooner than we think, so here are some safety tips from the NFPA:
- When choosing a costume, stay away from long trailing fabric that can ignite easily
- Dried flowers, cornstalks, and crepe paper catch fire easily. Keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters.
- If you use a real candle, use extreme caution. Make sure children are watched at all times when candles are lit. When lighting candles inside jack-o-lanterns, use long, fireplace-style matches or a utility lighter. Be sure to place lit pumpkins well away from anything that can burn and far enough out of the way of trick-or-treaters, doorsteps, walkways, and yards.
- Remember to keep exits clear of decorations, so nothing blocks escape routes
- Make sure all smoke alarms in the home are working
- Keep children away from open flames, including jack-o-lanterns with candles in them. Be sure they know how to stop, drop and roll if their clothing catches fire.
Call Us Today!
When your Pleasant Hill home or business needs fire damage restoration services, our South Eugene and Florence team is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 541-345-0115.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.