Flooded Basement in Commercial Building in Florence?
Have you inspected your sump pump lately? Our South Eugene and Florence teams respond to flooded basement calls every winter season, and in many cases, the flooding was caused by a sump pump failure. In a study by the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS), 18 percent of sump pump failures were due to power outages, and another 40 percent of incidents involving sump pumps were attributed to clogged inlet screens or faulty float switches.
Here are some sump pump maintenance tips from the IBHS:
- Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for sump pump maintenance. These vary from running the sump pump every two to three months to a yearly cleaning before the rainy season.
- Inspect the pump by opening the lid and removing any debris blocking the water inlet screen
- Pour about five gallons of water into the pump and watch the float valve rise
- As the float valve rises, the pump should turn on, and water should discharge through the outlet pipe
- Go outside and inspect the outlet pipe. Water should be flowing away from the home.
- Contact a professional if the sump pump fails to operate during the inspection
Call Us Today!
When your commercial business or home in Florence has a water damage emergency, our South Eugene and Florence team will restore the damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 541-345-0115.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.